Veidekke is an active driving force for the green shift - by reducing the negative impact on the environment from our own business, and by helping our customers achieve their sustainability goals.
We prioritise customers and projects where our expertise and collaborative work methods can help reduce the climate footprint. Innovation, cooperation and selective investments also open new business opportunities.
Our sustainability goals
- Reducing greenhouse gas emissions in accordance with the Paris Agreement and Science Based Target
- Halving greenhouse gas emissions across the value chain year on year to 2030
- Becoming climate neutral (net zero) by 2045
- Avoiding serious work injuries and reducing the total number of injuries by 20% annually
- Improving diversity in Veidekke
We underpin our sustainability efforts by linking loan agreements and executive incentives to the achievement of the sustainability goals.
Organisation of the sustainability work
Organisation of the sustainability work
Participation in sustainability initiatives
Veidekke participates in initiatives promoting sustainability goals, such as:
- The UN Global Compact — Veidekke is a member and shall comply with UN Global Compact's Ten Principles of Responsible Business.
- Skift, Norway — Business Climate Leaders — Veidekke is a member and has signed-up to the principles of The Guide Against Greenwashing and other initiatives promoting sustainability goals.
- The Zero Emission Resource Organisation, Norway — Veidekke is a strategic partner.
- The Transportation Plan 2045, Sweden — Veidekke has signed-up and committed itself to the roadmap.
Veidekke prepares an annual sustainability report.
The report follows the principles of the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) and shows how our business impacts the environment, climate and society, how climate change and the transition to the low-emission community impacts Veidekke, and how we meet financial risks and business opportunities resulting from this.
- CDP Climate and CDP Forest
- Sustainalytics ESG Risk Rating Report
- S&P CSA
The UN's sustainability goals and our work
These SDGs are particularly important to us
Goal 5: Gender equality
UN sub-goal No. 5.5
“Ensure women’s full and effective participation and equal opportunities for leadership at all levels of decision-making in political, economic, and public life.”
Read UN goal No. 5
We are working to increase the proportion of women in the company and have, among other things, set ourselves the goal of reaching a 20% proportion of women in operational management roles by 2025.
Goal 8: Decent work and economic growth
UN sub-goal No. 8.8
“Protect labour rights and promote safe and secure working environments of all workers, including migrant workers, particularly women migrants, and those in precarious employment.”
Read UN Sustainable Development Goal
Our goal is to experience 0 serious injuries and to reduce the total number of injuries by 20% per year.
Goal 12: Responsible consumption and production
UN sub-goal No. 12.2
“Sustainable management and efficient use of natural resources.”
UN sub-goal No. 12.5
“Substantially reduce waste generation through prevention, reduction, recycling, and reuse.”
Read UN Sustainable Development Goal 12
We want to reduce resource consumption and work to promote circular economy.
Goal 13: Climate action
Goal 15: Life on land
UN sub-goal No. 15.2
“Promote the implementation of sustainable management of all types of forests.”
UN sub-goal No. 15.5
“Take urgent and significant action to reduce the degradation of natural habitats and halt the loss of biodiversity.”
UN sub-goal No. 15.8
“Introduce measures to prevent the introduction and significantly reduce the impact of invasive alien species on land and water ecosystems and control or eradicate the priority species.”
Read UN Sustainable Development Goal 15
We work to safeguard biodiversity and halt the deforestation and conversion of natural ecosystems associated with the purchase of goods and services.
Goal 16: Peace, justice and strong institutions
UN sub-goal No. 16.5
“Substantially reduce corruption and bribery in all its forms.”
Read UN Sustainable Development Goal 16
We work specifically on measures to combat corruption and to ensure that laws and regulations are complied with throughout the entire building and construction value chain.