At Veidekke, we are committed to working in line with the emissions path that limits global warming to 1.5C, and therefore aims to achieve climate neutrality by 2045. We are already ready with many of the solutions for achieving this goal, one of them being the use of cross laminated timber.
Advantages of building in wood
- The carbon footprint of material use is halved compared to steel and concrete support systems
- Prefabrication with preparation for technical installations provides efficient production and a short construction time
- A lightweight build that also provides easier foundations
- Factory production directly from the BIM model gives great accuracy and few construction site deviations
- A good work environment on the construction site with less noise and dust
- The environmental effect is already created during construction and is not dependent on the user's behaviour
What does it take to succeed?
Cross laminated timber can have cost challenges. The project must therefore be planned and designed for the use of cross laminated timber from the outset. This requires early involvement between the customer, contractor and supplier of the cross laminated timber.